- A Florida man claims that he found a bleach pod in his McDonald’s soft drink after telling an employee he received the wrong-sized drink
- Lee Graves took to Facebook to share the incident with his followers, and even uploaded photos of him at the hospital
A man from Florida claims he was hospitalized after an employee from McDonald’s put a laundry bleach pod in his soda drink.
According to his social media post, Lee Graves was going through the drive-thru at a McDonald’s restaurant in Jacksonville when he was given by a staff a wrong-sized drink. When he informed the employee about the mistake, he said that the employee appeared to have mumbled something, closed the window before she gave him the correct sized drink.
“The girl handed me a small Coke and as I’m talking on the phone, I politely whisper to her, ‘Ma’am, this is supposed to be a large. I ordered a large Coke,’” Graves told WJXT.
“Well, she mumbled something. I could not understand what she said; she shut the window.”
Graves said he pulled away when the Coke exploded all over his truck.
“It erupted like a volcano. That’s a science experiment a kid would do,” he said; adding that: “I didn’t want Coke all over my truck so I grabbed it and took a couple of gulps to stop it from foaming. My initial impression was that it tasted like chlorine.”
An hour later, Graves said he found what appeared to be a detergent pod in his cup. As a result, Graves claims his stomach was cramping and he was feeling nauseous so he decided to get checked out.
Graves said he thinks the employee spiked his drink. That employee has denied any wrongdoing and the owner has reportedly issued a statement to assure Graves that they are “taking the claim very seriously and are investigating the matter.”