Warning for Everyone: Woman Shares How a Newly Repaired Flat Screen TV Almost Burned Their House Down

Filipinos are very thrifty; from different sales and bazaars to fixing a broken item instead of buying a replacement. We are willing to go an extra mile just to have an item fixed and be in a better working condition rather than spending more money when buying a new one.

However, when items are fixed, the quality may not be the same as a brand new one. A woman learned the lesson the hard way when their house almost burned down due to their faulty flat screen TV.

[Image Credit: Jhonnallene Yohanne Madrid Manalo / Facebook]
[Image Credit: Jhonnallene Yohanne Madrid Manalo / Facebook]

Lesson For Everyone

The woman named Jhonnallene Yohanne Madrid Manalo shared her experience to warn others of the dangers of using faulty appliances. Their flat screen TV started a fire in their living room that almost endangered the lives of the whole family.

According to Manalo, the flat screen TV was repaired three weeks before the incident. While the appliance is plugged into the outlet, their house was almost burned down as it started a fire.

[Image Credit: Jhonnallene Yohanne Madrid Manalo / Facebook]
[Image Credit: Jhonnallene Yohanne Madrid Manalo / Facebook]
[Image Credit: Jhonnallene Yohanne Madrid Manalo / Facebook]
[Image Credit: Jhonnallene Yohanne Madrid Manalo / Facebook]
To make things worse, no one was able to detect the smoke immediately as the incident happened while all the members of the family were asleep. Luckily, the fire did not spread throughout their home. The damages incurred by the fire was in the living room, where the flat screen TV was placed.

According to Manalo, all the objects found in the vicinity of the faulty television were reduced to ashes. She also shared before and after photos of the incident.

[Image Credit: Jhonnallene Yohanne Madrid Manalo / Facebook]
[Image Credit: Jhonnallene Yohanne Madrid Manalo / Facebook]

Netizens’ Take

Netizens have a different take on the incident. Most users think that the fire started not because of the faulty repair but because it overheated since it remained plugged in even when not in use. Some netizens think that whether an appliance is old or new, when it is plugged in, it could potentially start a fire.

Removal of the Post

The post was already removed by Manalo. According to her, she can’t stand the notifications anymore, including the messages and friend requests from different people, so she doesn’t have any choice but to take down the story.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!