168 Pesos Turned 14,000: A Family Suffers From Food Poisoning After Eating in a Restaurant in Bulacan

Most, if not all, Filipinos surely love eating. This is why there are a lot of buffets and eat-all-you-can restaurants all over the country. From Filipino delicacies to foreign foods, Filipinos surely express their love for delicious food anytime and anywhere we are.

However, not all buffets are safe — especially if you have a sensitive stomach. Before you go to a restaurant, it would be better to check whether it is safe for you or not. This is a lesson learned the hard way by a netizen named Cams Camille.

[Image Credit: Cams Camille / Facebook]
[Image Credit: Cams Camille / Facebook]

168 Pesos Turned 14,000

Camille, together with her family, ate in Diko’s Farm Grill and Restaurant in Sta. Maria, Bulacan last February 9 at around 1 to 2 in the afternoon. Since the restaurant serves seafood, she and her brother enjoyed a serving of mussels.

Since they are still full from the foods they ate at the buffet, the family decided not to eat dinner anymore. They just ate tasty bread for dinner. However, the problem started at around 10 in the evening.

[Image Credit: Cams Camille / Facebook]
[Image Credit: Cams Camille / Facebook]
Before Camille went to bed, she had diarrhea. She went to the bathroom thrice. At first, she was thinking it is just normal LBM. But when it is already 10:30, she is feeling a lot worse and she started to puke. Her stomach started to ache too. This feeling lasted from 10:30 in the evening until 12:30 in the morning non-stop.

While she was experiencing diarrhea, she is puking at the same time. Although she already drank medicine for LBM, it remained useless, that is why she was confined in the hospital. She stayed in the hospital for three days due to food poisoning.

[Image Credit: Cams Camille / Facebook]
[Image Credit: Cams Camille / Facebook]

Unexpected Response From the Restaurant

To ask financial help from the restaurant, her mother went to Diko’s with the medical certificate. However, the restaurant’s reaction surprised them: the staffs did not look startled or surprised at all! They just get the medical certificate and informed Camille’s mother that the manager is not in the restaurant. The female staff also informed her mother that maybe the mussels is the reason for her food poisoning.

The next day, they received a text message from the manager. They are willing to help with the hospital bill but can only give PHP3,000 pesos. After a long explanation, they extended it to PHP5,000. However, the mother needs to get it directly at the restaurant since they don’t have a messenger to bring the money to the hospital.

[Image Credit: Cams Camille / Facebook]
[Image Credit: Cams Camille / Facebook]
The story ended with the family not getting the money that the restaurant is offering. Until now, the restaurant is not giving any statements.

You may read the original story here:

https://www.facebook.com/camille.defeo/posts/1891065227570444

The complainant explained that they are not after the financial help but the restaurant’s responsibility to ensure that the foods they are serving to the customers are all safe for consumption.


Loading...
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
%d bloggers like this: