In an interview with Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP.ph) on January 8, 2018, during the press conference of upcoming concert #Pa-MORE at Seda Hotel Vertis North, “Asia’s Songbird” Regine Velasquez-Alcasid admitted she’s not prepared for a movie comeback. She said there were movie projects offered to her but she’s not yet sure if she’s willing to do movies again.
Regine claimed to be more interested in doing concerts and recordings that’s why she never thought of doing movies. The singer narrated that she had been asked many times before but none of the offers materialized. She added that she’s not even sure if doing a movie in the future would still be possible.
Last year, Regine claimed that Boss Vic del Rosario of Viva Films was trying to convince her to do a movie comeback before the recording contract and the concert happened. She was also invited to a meeting so they could talk about it.
However, Regine said negotiations are still hanging and every detail of it is still uncertain. She admitted having fears that her movie may not interest the moviegoers and was not sure as to how people will receive it. When asked who among the stars Regine would want to work with, the singer was unable to give an answer at this early.
Regine’s upcoming concert on February 10 will be at the Mall of Asia (MOA) Arena. With her in the concert are husband singer-songwriter Ogie Alcasid, “Concert King” Martin Nievera and “Prince of Pop” Erik Santos.