- Senator issued response to vice president over her dare to speak out against the Marcoses
- He issued a list of things she could do to instead of railing against administration
- He challenged her to stop campaigning for presidency, focus on helping the country instead
MANILA, Philippines – Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano threw back his own counter-challenge to Vice President Leni Robredo after the latter scored him for his seeming silence on President Rodrigo Duterte’s close ties with the Marcoses.
On his Facebook, Cayetano assured Robredo that he was doing his part on the issues she called him out on “in the manner that I believe I can be most effective.”
The senator then challenged the vice president to act on the several following issues:
- The country’s growing drug problem
- Probe and demand that her Liberal Party allies involved in drugs and corruption resign
- Call for justice for the SAF 44
- Support the ‘tanim-bala’ victims and investigate why no CCTVs were installed in the NAIA in the past administration
- Expose anomalies in the MRT
- Ask media outlets to report on her own election expenses and to report on issues more fairly
Saying that he respected Robredo’s silence on these issues, Cayetano dared her to stop campaigning for the presidency and instead do something to help the country.
“There’s much more, but in a nutshell I challenge you to stop campaigning and thinking of The Presidency and help attract investments, build infrastructure, create jobs and redistribute wealth in our country,” he said. “Let’s do it together.”
Cayetano’s challenge to Robredo came after she told the senator to be more vocal against the Marcoses, especially on the burial of the late strongman Ferdinand Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.
Robredo also implicated the Marcoses in a supposed plot to steal the vice presidency from her.